Wednesday 24 November 2010

Year 5 Family Taster Day at Stepney Green



"I feel more confident because I know what and how school is going to be like in secondary school" said a Year 5 student from Ben Jonson.

14 families across the partnership primary schools attended the Year 5 Family Taster Day at Stepney Green Maths Computing and Science College today. The families started by playing Carrom and board games in the library, before doing lessons in ICT, Music and Science. The day finished with a tasty lunch in the main hall - one parent even wanted the recipe for the Roast Beef!

Parents loved the day too and thought it was helpful for both them and their child, "It helped my son and myself to understand what secondary school is like, my son is very excited and gained confidence to attending secondary school".

A great day - big thanks to the Year 8 boys who showed the families around and the teachers who gave excellent lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment