Thursday 24 November 2011

Year 5 Family Taster Day at Stepney Green


Another successful Year 5 Family Taster Day at Stepney Green. The day brought together parents and children across the partnership primary schools to experience life in a secondary school.

Big thanks to Emad, Alom and Sami - Year 9 boys at Stepney Green who helped to make families feel so welcome. Well done to Mr Chowdhury (Science), Mr.Hanson (Music) and Mr Mohan (Maths) who delivered excellent family lessons, and Ms Scourti at Stepney Green for pulling things together so well.

There were 12 families in total
Cayley = 3 families
Halley = 2 families
Redlands = 4 families
Smithy Street = 3 families

Selection of comments from Parents/Children:

Children
“I put my hands up and and the teachers made me feel welcome"
"I enjoyed playing the piano and playing the maths game with my mum"
"It made me more confident by feeling that if I go to secondary than it will be a little easier"
"I enjoyed spending time with my Mum"

Parents
“I think it helped my niece a lot, she confident now, after today"
"Taster day help me to know the school (secondary) very well. How does school run and how helpful the school is and how the teacher is helping students. It help me and my children very much."
"My child got confident and not worried about new school"
"It has helped my child a lot, he feels he has learnt a lot in one day and feel more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment