Thursday 22 March 2012

Year 5 Family Taster Day at Stepney Green



A great taster day for Year 5 families at Stepney Green!

17 families across the five primary schools spent a half day at Stepney Green to get a taste of secondary school. Mr Nzuza (English), Ms.Hewitt (Literacy) and Mr Giorano (P.E. ) delivered excellent family lessons. Well done to Rosie Scourti at Stepney Green for pulling things together.

Here is a selection of comments from parents and children:


Children
“It made me feel great"
"I learned how it is going to be when I come secondary"
"I finally had fun with my Mum"
"I learned different things like how to play table tennis propley and be a bit confident"
"It made me confident because I can stand up to people and say my opinions"
"It felt more confident because I spoke in front of different people"

Parents
“it made my daughter feel more confident about speaking out loud in front of a group of people "
“It mad me confident by reassuring me that a lot of help is available, especially for new Yr 7s"
"It was helpful because it helped my child on what to expect from secondary school and how I can support her when she comes to s school"

No comments:

Post a Comment